Dr. Garrett attended Washington University School of Dentistry where he earned his Doctorate of Dental Surgery and completed his 2-year residency in orthodontics, earning his Master of Science Degree.
- He is board certified by the American Board of Orthodontists
- He is a clinical professor on the graduate orthodontic faculty at the University of Texas Dental Branch here in Houston.
- He is a former president of the Southwestern Society of Orthodontists and received the Society’s Martin E. Dewey Distinguished Service Award.
- Dr. Garrett is an active member of the American Association of Orthodontists and received their James E. Brophy Distinguished Service Award.
- He is also a Fellow of the American College of Dentists and the International College of Dentists.
- He is a Certified Provider for Invisalign® and has a special interest in TMJ treatment.
- Dr. Garrett has over 50 years of experience orthodontics.
In August 2019, Dr. Garrett was declared an Honorary Alumnus of the University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston in appreciation for his more than 50 years of teaching, dedication and service to the students, residents, faculty, and staff of the School of Dentistry and Department of Orthodontics.