I have been practicing orthodontics for over 30 years.Before becoming an orthodontist I worked hard throughout college and dental school making sure that I received the highest quality education and training.
- University of Texas Austin, Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Baylor Dental College, Dallas, Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree
- Baylor Dental College, Dallas, Master of Science in Dentistry
It is important to me that I stay up to date with the latest advances in clinical practice. New techniques and technologies are constantly emerging which makes each treatment more efficient and comfortable and I want to be sure that I can always offer my patients the best care possible. I am a member of several prestigious dental and orthodontic associations, including the:
- American Association of Orthodontists (including attending the national meeting each year)
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Rio Grande Valley Dental Association
I enjoy keeping up with the latest advances in various sciences, and doing all of the things that make me smile! I am originally from Dallas, and have lived in McAllen, TX for over 32 years. My wife, Becky, and I have been married for over 40 years and we have one grown daughter named Megan. We also have two dogs, Cookie and Lola, and two cats, Tom and Jezebel.
In my free time I enjoy studying astronomy, flying, hiking, organic gardening, looking for fossils and arrowheads, and creating exhibits for education purposes. I also like building metal sculptures. My latest sculpture is called “A Solar System” which is on display at one of McAllen’s linear park trails.